Elias Pentiki’s message: “Contact with nature, the isolation and the relaxation it offers is a means of treatment against frenzied rhythms, anxiety and everyday stress and work routine. Landscape photography provides a reason for each of us to seek contact with the natural environment, to travel our soul and calm our spirit.”
Elias Pentikis is a landscape photographer who was born and lives in Kavala – Greece. His engagement with photography started some years ago at the age of 36, when he acquired his first DSLR, a Pentax K-r in the summer of 2012. Elias has an imaginative nature as he has also been engaged in the past with artistic activities. He has been writing poetry since high school and for many years he was the drummer of a Kavala’s local rock group. He also tried, at some point in his life, to learn how to play the guitar. However in photography where he ended he found the mean to fully present his inner need for artistic expression.
Elias, during his photographic journey so far, has been awarded with the following:
– In 2013 a photo of his was published in the book Best of Photography 2013 at the 33rd contest of Photographer’s Forum (pfmagazine.com) sponsored by Sigma.
– In 2014 another photo of his was published in the book Best of Photography 2014 at the 34th contest of Photographer’s Forum (pfmagazine.com), also sponsored by Sigma while at the same time this photo earned an Honorable Mention.
– In 2016 he earned Honorable Mentions in 5 categories for the International Photography Awards 2016. In 2016 The International Photography Awards received 17.040 of submissions from over 162 countries.
* Family of Man – Honorable Mention – Family of Man : Childhood Category
* Family of Man – Honorable Mention – Family of Man : Marriage Category
* IPA 2016 – Honorable Mention – Architecture : Cityscapes Category
* IPA 2016 – Honorable Mention – Nature : Landscapes Category
* IPA 2016 – Honorable Mention – Special : Travel/Tourism Category
– In 2016 he also received 5 Honorable Mentions in the Monochrome Awards contest. The 2016 Monochrome Awards received nearly 7000 submissions from 86 countries around the world.
– In 2017 at the Moscow’s International Photography Awards he earned a bronze medal in “Advertising : Travel/Tourism” category, and a golden medal in “Architecture : Bridges” category. His image which received the golden medal was also got to the Second Place in the general category of Architecture photography for non-professional photographers and exhibited in Moscow.
– In 2017 a landscape photo of his was published inside the Greek magazine PHOTOGRAPHER which is the biggest selling and mostly known photography magazine in Greece. Issue No. 250, September – October 2017, on page 18. Theme: “Landscape”, chosen among 4.719 participations.
He has also participated in two local team photo exhibitions and has had some first page presence on 500px, the most famous photography site nowadays.